greenpark

Farming locality on the Canterbury Plains about 6km north of Lake Grassmere and 7km south-east from Lincoln.

Meaning of place name
At a meeting of local residents in 1871, following the passing of the Education Act 1870, the convenor John Murray suggested the name "Green Park" for the local school, and this was agreed upon "as befitting a green and pleasant place."