Brookside church memorial

Brookside church memorial Brookside church memorial Brookside church memorial Brookside church memorial Brookside church memorial Brookside church memorial

Memorial plaque at St Luke's Anglican Church in Brookside.  The plaque is located behind the heavy Christening font at the rear of the church. It took three men to move the font so that images could be taken of the plaque.

St Luke’s Anglican Church was built in 1880 to a design by Benjamin Mountfort. Today it is shared by an Anglican/Methodist/Presbyterian congregation. The white marble memorial tablet was unveiled at Brookside Presbyterian Church on 8 February 1920 (‘Memorial service at Brookside’, Ellesmere Guardian, 2/11/1920, p. 3). It is inscribed with the names of six former members of the local Presbyterian congregation: Chaplain Major W. Grant, Sergeant W.H. Petrie, Private J.F. Laing, Trooper J.W. Boag, and Privates H.S. Crossen and Leslie Crossen. It is uncertain when it was moved to the Anglican church; probably at some time after 1977 when the Ellesmere Co-operating Parish was formed.

Community contributions

No comments have been posted about Brookside church memorial

What do you know?