Pine Bush war memorial

When the new Pine Bush Presbyterian Church Hall was opened on 17 August 1957, a war memorial tablet was also unveiled on the exterior of the church. This listed the names of servicemen who came from the Pine Bush and Titiroa districts, or who had attended the Pine Bush School, who had given their lives in the South African War (1), First World War (7) and Second World War (4).

The church was closed on 9 July 2000 and converted into a residence. The memorial tablet was placed in storage for several years. On Anzac Day 2015 it was rededicated, this time mounted on a boulder adjacent to the old school site.

Source: Marjory A. Smith, A High Point of Vantage: The History of the Waimahaka, Pine Bush and Fortification Districts, Waimahaka, 2001, pp. 152-4 (for the names of all the men who served, see also p. 341).

 

Community contributions

No comments have been posted about Pine Bush war memorial

What do you know?