Related keywords

17 km west of Dunedin on the Taieri Plain, Mosgiel has been part of Dunedin city since 1989. Holy Cross College, on the edge of Mosgiel, trained Catholic priests from 1900 to 1998. The Invermay agricultural research station dates from 1949. The woollen mills, established in 1871, closed in March 2000 because of competition from synthetic products and lower production costs in other countries.

Meaning of place name
Arthur J. Burns, great-nephew of the Scottish poet Robert Burns, named his home Mosgiel or Mossgiel, after the Mossgiel farm in Ayrshire owned by the poet.