Farming locality 11 km north of Rangiora. Small orchards planted between 1914 and 1916 made it one of Canterbury’s few fruit-growing areas. The orchards that survived beyond the Second World War flourished in the 1950s, but today only the church, domain (public park) and hall remain.

Meaning of place name
After John Macfarlane's sheep station, originally known as Lowburn. The river flows between steep banks, so the river, or burn, was low.

Images and media for loburn