Skip to main content

Jack, the mascot

Image

Jack was a mascot dog attached to the main body of the New Zealand Engineers during their service in France during the First World War. This photograph was taken at Bertrancourt, France, on 6 April 1918 by Henry Armytage Sanders.

Credit

Alexander Turnbull Library
Reference: Royal New Zealand Returned and Services' Association Collection, 1/2-013104-G
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Matauranga o Aotearoa must be obtained before any reuse of this image.

How to cite this page

Jack, the mascot, URL: https://nzhistory.govt.nz/media/photo/jack-mascot, (Manatū Taonga — Ministry for Culture and Heritage), updated